Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Knappenberger, D. T. - 1898

NOTICE.
Jeannette, Pa., July 6, 1898.
To the people of Jeannette:  In the issue of this paper of June 24, the Pittsburgh and Allegheny Trading Stamp Co. under the caption of “Important Notice to the Trading Stamp Collectors of Jeannette”, called attention to the annullment <sic> of a contract that I made with said company for the use of their goods.  I desire to say that I became a party to said contract, being assured that a reference given me would heartily commend the use of said stamps in my business.  However the business firm given me for reference not only informed me that they had ceased using, butt unquahtidely <sic> advised me against the use of the trading stamps in question.  Having in view the best interest of my customers, I refused to use their stamps as inconsistent with the policy under which I endeavor to conduct my business.  I am glad, therefore, that the annullment <sic> of my contract made under the assurances offered to me have been so conspicuously published.
D. T. Knappenberger.
Jeannette, Pa.
~ Jeannette Dispatch, 08-Jul-1898, Page 1, Column 1

No comments:

Post a Comment