Saturday, November 22, 2014

Lamar, Major Mareen {Marion} - 1777

1777, 27 September
We heard today of the death of poor Miriam Lamar [Major Marion Lamar, 4th Penna. Batt. killed at Paoli on the 20th], who lost his life, with many others of Genl Wayne's Brigade, over ye Schuylkill.
~ Genealogical Gleanings from the Journal of Elizabeth Drinker, 1759 to 1807, Page 593 in Pennsylvania Vital Records, Vol. I, by the Genealogical Publishing Company, Incorporated in 1983.

His name is almost always spelled incorrectly - his name is Mareen.  I'm keeping {Marion} for research purposes; so family historians can find him.

You can visit the memorial page for Maj Mareen Lamar.

1 comment:

  1. Major Lamar is my hero and my 5th great-grand uncle. If anybody has additional information on him, please email me at tlc356@verizon.net. Thanks, TLC

    ReplyDelete