Saturday, November 6, 2021

Heath, Jonathan - 1809

NOTICE.
WHEREAS {paper illegible} has been representative in the town of Providence, that I went with my packet to transport the custom-house officers of the district of Newport to Plumb-Beach, (in the west passage) to take possession of the sloop Betsey of Pawtuxet-- now this is to notify all whom it may concern, that the above report is an absolute falsehood, circulated by some malicious or evil-disposed person or persons, solely to injure me in my packeting business in said town of Providence, and thereby to deprive me of obtaining an honest livelihood.
JONATHAN HEATH,
Master of the Newport Packet, Eleonora.
March 18, 1809.
~ The Rhode Island Republican, 22-Mar-1809, Page 3, Column 3
 
You can visit the memorial page for Capt Jonathan Heath.

No comments:

Post a Comment