Sunday, September 17, 2017

Myers, Edgar M. - 1943

REGRETS SUSPENSION
Dear Mr. Balsbach:  I cannot resist saying, “You can’t do this to me.  Now, that it is out of my system, I want to tell you how very sorry I am to hear you find it necessary to discontinue the Bulletin for the duration.  I will miss it so very much.  Since I was a small boy I have always lived in a home where the Bulletin came each week, it has come to my fathr’s <sic> home since I can remember.  Since I left Bellwood the Bulletin went with me and if has followed me every week since.

It was after I left Bellwood that I really started to a___[paper is smeared] it and now it is just like getting a letter from home-one that I have looked forward to receiving each Friday, and if it should be a day late I was disappointed.  It told me many things otherwise I would not have known.  There is love and many fond recollections of the folks I call “home folks”.  I like to read of their comings and goings.  Oh yes, I shall miss the Bulletin.  I learned of the joys and sorrows of my friends and many other things through it.

I cannot help but feel there are many who regret just as I do that we waited or failed in the past to tell you our sincere appreciation of the service you rendered.  You have been a force as well as a power for good in and out of Bellwood.

May I wish you Godspeed.  Thank you for services rendered, and pray that when this damnable war is over we shall again be blessed by the Bulletin.
Yours very sincerely,
EDGAR M. MYERS.
Baldwin, N. Y.
~ Bellwood Bulletin, 08-Apr-1943, Page 1, Column 3

No comments:

Post a Comment